More from Ross & Ross GiftsRoss & Ross Gifts are a small, multi-award-winning food gifts company, based in & around the Cotswolds. We produce a range of food gifts and grocery items that are intended to uplift the traditional British food flavours. Our range includes British BBQ, British Roast, Veggie & Vegan, and Curing Kits for bacon & salmon.
No Artificial Sweeteners
No Artificial Ingredients
No Artificial Colourings
This Eco-friendly curing kit is a great beginners kit for anyone looking to learn how to cure their own proper dry-cured bacon.
Why cure your own bacon? The home-curing trend has been a popular form of learning a new skill and gives you the opportunity to create proper dry-cured bacon or salmon at home. The kit uses traditional artisan methods of drawing the moisture out of the meat, which stops the watery texture that you usually get with shop bought bacon. Cure up to 1.5kg of bacon with three different flavours plus a spice rub.
- 3x curing mixes - old English (30g), Cotswold Chorizo (30g) and British BBQ (30g)
- Spice rub (50g)
- Butcher’s hook
- Instruction booklet
- Sealable bags
Gluten-free Dairy-free Suitable for vegetarians
Shelf-life: minimum one year but the cures will only lose flavour after that period, they are not dangerous to consume.
Packaging: cardboard, glass, card, plastic
Does not include pork
- What’s the spice rub for? We have included a spice rub in this kit for the purpose of adding an extra spicy kick to one of your cured bacon pieces. Just sprinkle on the bacon before you cook!
- What cut and how much pork do I need? We recommend using pork belly from your local butcher or supermarket. You will need 500g per curing mix, so 1.5kg of bacon if you want to cure all three in one go. You can also use back bacon if you would prefer. We recommend curing for an extra day to ensure the flavour penetrates the meat properly
- How long does it take to cure? The whole bacon curing process takes 7 days, but only needs 30-60 minutes preparation time.
- Can I re-use the kit? You can reuse all of the contents in the kit, apart from the cures. Just hand wash the muslin
- Where do I hang the bacon? You will need to find a small space in your fridge to hang the bacon. You can use any sort of part in your fridge that will allow the bacon to hang. We recommend using the back of the fridge, the side door or the shelves
- What are nitrates and are they bad for you? They are a commonly used ingredient which are added to processed meats like bacon, ham, salami, and chorizo. They function as preservatives, helping to prevent the growth of harmful bacteria causing botulism and salmonella. Nitrates are only considered bad for you if cooked at extremely high temperatures and consumed every day
Country of Origin
|Service||Price||Estimated Arrival||Order Within||Free Delivery Threshold*|
|Standard||£4.95||Wednesday 01 February to Saturday 04 February||14 hours, 52 minutes||£40.00|
|Express||£7.95||Tuesday 31 January||16 hours, 52 minutes||£40.00|
Ingredients & Nutrition
Old English Cure (30g) – Salt, Organic Demerara Sugar, Juniper, Ginger, Nutmeg, Cloves, Black Pepper, Star Anise, Cinnamon, Fennel, Szechuan Pepper. Preservative: Sodium Nitrate.
Cotswold Chorizo Cure (30g) – Salt, Sugar, Smoked Paprika, Garlic Powder, Oregano, Chilli Flakes, Cumin, Coriander. Preservatives. Sodium Nitrate, Sodium Nitrite. Antioxidant: Sodium Ascorbate
British BBQ Cure (Smoky Cure) (30g) – Salt, Sugar, Smoke Flavouring. Acidity Regulator: Sodium Carbonate. Preservative: Sodium Nitrate. Antioxidant: Sodium Ascorbate
British BBQ Spice Rub (50g) – Chilli Powder, Cayenne, Smoked Paprika, Black Pepper, Mustard Powder.
All product information is specified directly by the Merchant. TheFoodMarket.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about the products listed. If you believe any information might be inaccurate, please contact us.