More from ÖzerlatReal Turkish coffee and real Turkish delight by artisan producers. Özerlat is a gourmet experience that takes the experience of Turkish coffee and Turkish delight to new heights!
Specially roasted and finely ground in Cyprus, this is our classic Turkish coffee blend, crafted from a unique selection of Brazilian Arabica beans by our head roaster Dervis Ozerlat. Topped with a velvety soft foam, Heritage offers dark chocolate and freshly baked biscuit aromas over complex flavours of bitter chocolate and rose.
To master the art of Turkish coffee is to become part of a tradition that dates back over 500 years. The good news is, it's easy.
There are just a few things to remember:
- Turkish coffee is not filtered and the grounds are served in the cup along with the coffee, settling at the bottom and enriching the drink.
- Turkish coffee is always served black.
- If you take sugar in your coffee, you need to add it at the start of the brew as you can't stir Turkish coffee once it's served.
Making Turkish Coffee
What you need:
- Fine Turkish coffee - around 7g (or 1 heaped teaspoon).
- Water at room temperature, ideally filtered or bottled, around 70ml (or 1 Turkish coffee cupful)
- A small pot or a milk pan (or if you have a Turkish coffee pot).
Steps to follow:
- Add the coffee (and sugar if you take it) to the pot along with the water, place over a medium heat and stir gently to combine the ingredients. Now leave it to brew undisturbed.
- Watch the coffee carefully to ensure it doesn't boil. What you're looking for is the moment just before boiling when the foam starts to rise at the edges. As soon as this happens, lift the pot away from the heat and carefully pour or spoon the froth into your cup.
- Place the pot back on the heat and watch for the foam to rise again, immediately lifting it away from the heat when it does. Pour the contents into your cup, taking care to maintain the foam as it rises to the top. Remember, with Turkish coffee a creamy foam on top is a sign of quality.
Allow your coffee to settle and cool a little in the cup before drinking, and enjoy it with a glass of water and something sweet on the side, traditionally Turkish delight. Afiyet olsun!
Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight. Once opened, store in an air-tight container to keep fresh.
Country of Origin
Ingredients & Nutrition
100% Brazil Arabica beans
|Typical value||Per serving (80)||Per 100|
|Energy Content (kj)||8||8|
|Energy Content (kcal)||2||2|
|- of which saturates (g)||0||0|
|- of which sugars (g)||0||0|
All product information is specified directly by the Merchant. TheFoodMarket.com assumes no liability for inaccuracies or misstatements about the products listed. If you believe any information might be inaccurate, please contact us.